Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Dukkah crusted chicken

With so many gluten free friends I've had to think outside the box for some recipes. Here's one that is as easy to make as it is delicious.

  • 3 chicken breasts/thighs sliced into batons
  • 15 skewers
  • 1 egg and a dash of milk
  • 1 cup of rice bubbles (make sure these are gluten free if you're going for a gluten free recipe)
  • 3 table spoons of dukkah
  • salt and chill to taste


Place the rice bubbles and dukkah into the bowl of a food processer and whizz up until most of the kernels are broken up. I added some salt and chilli at this point because I felt it lacked a bit of seasoning


Now the other day I ran out of rice bubbles so I used these instead, because they were on hand


Make up the egg wash by mixing the egg with a dash of milk



Thread the chicken onto the skewers

Dip the skewer into the egg wash and then the seasoned rice mixture

Place on a tray while you finish the rest of chicken in the same way

Freshly crumbed chicken....mmmm


These can be placed on a tray and baked in the oven for about 30 minutes





Otherwise lightly grease a fry-pan and cook the chicken skewers on a medium heat until cooked through

These are delicious on their own or with a mild tomato chutney.


2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious, I will be trying it this week :P Now you have to put up more recipes so I don't have to think about our dinner menu...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad...post a pic if you get around to making them :)
    Also....am hanging out for the fruit tart post ;)

    ReplyDelete