Search This Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Farewell Sydney, Hello Seattle!

This weekend has sadly been full of goodbyes. I said goodbye to my kids, my colleagues and the school I've been at for nearly 3 years. It was teary, emotional and a lot harder than all of my expectations. I work, correction worked with wonderful people who farewelled me with a slideshow (to the tune of vitamin C's graduation...friends for ever guys x x ), a bunch of flowers bigger than me, 2 parties,  a dinner, a quillow and a walking food tour of Seattle.
To make it worse, we had our official farewell the day after. Nuwan and I asked all our nearest and dearest, school friends, uni friends, work friends and family friends to descend on his parents place. It was an exercise in trying to see as many people as possible in the space of 8 hours.
It was a lovely but exhausting day. We got gifts, something I never expected. We got up to about 100 in our tally of 2 cheeked kisses and we even got a bit teary. I wished we'd had the time to spend enough time with everyone that came, but I guess that would have been impossible. I'm so glad we saw everyone we did. We have promises of many visits, which is exciting and will help stem the homesickness I'm sure. And for anyone who didn't quite make it to the farewell. Here is a summary fo the conversation we might have had.


No comments:

Post a Comment