Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Birthday, New Years and Baby Shower


Phew, a lot has happened in the last couple of weeks. December/ January is always a  busy time for us but sometimes how much can happen with a baby on the way is still surprising.
The weather is still chilly, most days the frost we wake up to doesn't even melt. The last three days we've had beautiful sunshine but still below zero temps. We also suspect that the ambient temperature dial on the big Mazda is dodgy, it keeps telling us it's about 5 degrees when Nuwan and I are both certain it's freezing.

Birthday
My birthday being on the 31st has always been fun but challenging, people are always super busy. Nuwan and I celebrated by venturing to our favourite bagel spot and having our favourite bagels. I'd bought my presents before-hand, treating myself to a sewing machine, books and clothes. Nuwan surprised me on the day with an amazing Nappy Bag as well....it'll take a while to come in but can't wait till it does!


 This year, being potentially the last I will have to celebrate myself, I decided to have a little afternoon tea. I doubted I'd have the energy to do a full meal.

We had a few friends join us for some food, cake, wine and of course hot chocolate. I got some lovely presents

Made myself a birthday cake :)












New Years
We spent New Years with some friends who live close by. They made an amazingly delicious dinner of brined and slow cooked chicken, scalloped potatoes and salad! We rang the new year in with water (me) and very strong vodka (Nuwan).

This year is certainly going to be one for ages. I mean, 2012 was crazy enough but 2013 only promises to be more insane.

Sushi, slides and BLT dip

Dinner


Ryan and Nellie



Eclairs

Pavlova....how traditional

Add caption




Baby Shower

So I protested to my Seattle friends that one baby shower is normally enough for a person. I was told, quite firmly, that I really have no choice in the matter and where did I get the impression that it was about me?

Thus, it was, that I was asked to come to Rose's on the second day of the new year to celebrate Baby Ginige's baby shower number 2.

Rose and Nat had gone to town decorating the flat and Rose had laid a beautiful table with blue for the baby and red accents for moi.

We had a delicious soup for lunch and peach pudding for dessert, not to mention a little sparkly.

I got to open presents all over again, they were fantastic!


















My new baby carrier...it's red!



Another nappy bag...and this one's red







Thanks for coming Gill


No comments:

Post a Comment